Every pregnancy is different in its own ways, so here’s how its going for me at 38 weeks pregnant! By a BTDT (been there done that) mom x2.
So how does it feel to be 38 weeks pregnant?
According to the internet, at this point in pregnancy my baby weighs about 7lbs and is fully mature ready to come into the world!
With that being said, I feel like I have an overly full stomach all the time, even if I`m starving! Were short on space that’s for sure, and it blows my mind he is still growing about an ounce a day at this point!!!
At my OB appointment this morning I was told to be almost 2cm dilated with no effacement, which is good enough for me I suppose. That`s about the size of a penny! Having done this twice before I know how quickly and randomly things can change with the cervix and your personal labor process. Every pregnancy is different!
Lately my heartburn has subsided and I can sleep a bit easier not having to get up in the middle of the night just for some antacids. The pee breaks have practically doubled in the past few weeks due to my bladder being squished, and can`t sleep through the night without at least getting up to go once!
Braxton Hicks contractions have been getting more frequent and intense, almost so that I thought I could have possibly been in labor like three times!
Confusing and exhilarating but its all a part of the experience! 😀
Estimated days until arrival: 14 days
(Could be up to another 26 days, putting me at 41 weeks and 5 days until actual delivery!)
Things that are important for my labor & delivery experience:
- Make it through most of, if not all, early labor phase without medication through my “Laboring List” of things to try during labor to get through each contraction at home as long as possible.
- No consistent fetal monitoring or other monitoring to be “limiting” my movement during labor once at the hospital.
- No IV upon arrival, unless otherwise stated.
- I want to push when and how I want to, in whatever position I chose (not laying down on back).
- I will not have an episiotomy.
- Baby will go skin to skin immediately.
- Dad will cut cord after blood is done pulsing through to baby, approximately 2 minutes.
- Delay bathing and newborn procedures for about an hour after birth to allow time for bonding and breastfeeding.
- No circumcision to be performed in the hospital.
- Would like to go home as soon as possible after baby is born.
-Keep in mind this is as long as there are no emergencies and everything goes well-
What kinds of things are important for your labor and delivery experience? Did you have your baby around 38 weeks pregnant? How did you feel around this time in your pregnancy?
Pin it for later